HAPPY NEW YEAR! It’s JANUARY – FINALLY!!
After the Christmas chaos, decorations are packed away, new gifts have found a home and your home is looking perfect – OR IS IT??!?!?
January is a great time to start a home REFRESH – it’s the doldrums of winter, we are home A LOT and why not take a little time and LOVE your home again?
That’s why we are starting a home organization challenge concentrating on a different area of your home each weekend. First up, the BATHROOM. WHY? It’s typically an easy place to start to hone your decision-making skills – few sentimental items, products you either use or you don’t, and it’s an area that you use every day.
- Make your bed and put a blanket or old sheet on top to protect the covers. It’s great to use to spread everything out and easier than using the floor.
- Start pulling out everything from your bathroom and sort by category and sub-category. For example – make up/ eyeshadow, mascara, hair products/ gels, shampoo… etc.
- Decide what you want to keep.
- Figure out where it’s going to live – does it NEED to live in your bathroom, or could it be stored in the linen closet? Backstock of extras or towels would be a good example.
- Decide on a container that best suits what you’re keeping.
- Give your bathroom a good deep cleaning.
- Put things back where it makes sense and LABEL.
Having trouble getting started? Sign up for our newsletter and gain access to our FREE Declutter Quicklist. You’ll get our itemized checklist to help get the ball rolling, as well as even more spots in your home to declutter. Set a timer for 20 minutes and GO! At the end, either stop or continue. It’s that easy! If you need some assistance, encouragement, or just want to let me know how it goes…let’s chat! Schedule a call HERE.
Ready for the next step in the Declutter Challenge? Check it out HERE.